That’s why I still haven’t got round to taking the snaps to illustrate the post about bobbin winders which at least two of our regular readers are waiting for me to write.
The new puter came on Thursday. We were out most of Friday on the bus to the hospital and back for a routine 10-minute scan which turned out to be a disappointment, in that I thought it might be fun to see my innards on the screen but in the event I had to agree with both Elsie and Tracy The Ultrasound Queen that it was actually dead boring.
As soon as we got back, I set to sorting out the puter, and this morning I finally got the email working properly all by myself, which is something that’s never happened before. What is totally beyond me though is finding the right driver for the laser printer and installing it, so it looks like I’m in for a costly phone call to Canon support tomorrow, which is a real PITA. Oh, and I can’t find my Photoshop CS5 disc either, although I’ve managed to find the serial number! Such is life when you get a new puter …
We’ve also been busy spreading the two tons of manure which Elsie got for her birthday around the big allotment, which was quite an undertaking in view of the fact that the paths between the plots are pretty much underwater and consequently very squidgy and slippery. In case you ever need to know, 2 tons of well-rotted farmyard manure is something over 50 big wheelbarrow loads.
But anyhow, at least you now know why it’ll be a few more days before we finally get to bobbin winders and the adjustment thereof!
Sid my allotment flooded 3 times this year 90% of crops lost at least got sewing machines to restore in the no garden days.